Are you concerned about your privacy on Instagram and want to clear your video and voice call history? You have come to the right place. Just like other communication apps, it is important to delete call details or history to protect your privacy. Instagram also keeps records of call details of every video and voice call, which appear both in the call tab option and inside the chat with the person you called.
But here’s the good news, you can delete your Instagram call history and secure your privacy. Although Instagram provides a direct option to delete call history from the call tab option, it does not provide an option to unsend or delete call history from inside the chat as a normal message. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with various methods through which you can remove Instagram call history from both places, call list, and inside chat.
There are 4 ways to delete audio and video call history from the Instagram application. Deleting call history from the call option, which is directly provided by Instagram, is the first method. For removing call history inside the Instagram chat, there are three other tricks, which we will explain step by step.
Method 1: Delete call history in Instagram of Video & Call Log
First, make sure that your Instagram account is switched to a personal account because if you have previously switched your account to professional, the calls tab won’t appear. Here’s how to clear the call history on Instagram of the call option:
1. Open your Instagram application and tap the message icon.
2. Tap on the call tab option.
3. Select the call chat by keeping the tap long from the recent call history that you want to delete.
4. Finally, click on the delete option to delete Instagram call history permanently.
By following the above step-by-step process, you can easily delete the call history on Instagram of the recent call history.
Method 2: Clear Call History in Instagram of Inside Chat
Unfortunately, you cannot unsend or delete call history that is recorded inside the chat, which shows the time the call started and ended. Instagram doesn’t provide the option to delete or unsend it like you can unsend text messages, photos, videos, stickers, and GIFs on Instagram chat. This means you need to delete all your messages, photos, videos, etc. of that particular chat if you want to remove it permanently. Follow the below procedure to delete call history on Instagram:
1. Open the message option(Chat list) of your Instagram app.
2. Select the chat of which you want to clear the call history of video call and audio.
3. Tap on the delete option.
4. Now, that particular chat will be removed from the chat list as well as all data contains such as call history of audio & videos, text messages, photos, videos, etc. permanently.
Method 3: Switch to Professional Account
By switching to a professional account, your call history of the call option will only disappear or hide. It will not be deleted permanently, and call history inside that chat wouldn’t get cleared. However, if you create a new Instagram account, it is in a personal account. In a personal account, the Call tab appears, which shows direct call history. But if you switch your Instagram account to a professional account, then the Call option disappears, and call history can’t be accessed or seen from it. Follow the below process to delete call history on Instagram by switching to a professional account:
1. Go to profile<three menu bars<settings.
2. Tap on account<Switch to Professional Account<next<done.
Method 4: Clearing Instagram Data
If you are serious about clearing your Instagram history and data, there is another method for you. This method will erase all the data and clear all your activity on Instagram. Please follow the below steps:
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Click on your profile and tap the three bars at the top.
3. Scroll down and tap “Settings.”
4. Tap on “Security.”
5. Click on “Clear Search History” or “Clear All Data.”
In conclusion, deleting call history is essential to protect your privacy on Instagram, just as you do with other communication apps. By following the above methods, you can easily delete your video and audio call history and clear your Instagram data permanently.