Are you feeling nostalgic for classic gaming consoles? Look no further than the Game Boy Advance (GBA). The GBA was one of the most beloved handheld gaming consoles from Nintendo, even before the Nintendo DS became popular. As the last console in the Game Boy series, the GBA was also one of the most advanced and sophisticated consoles of its time.
Despite the passage of time, GBA games are still as thrilling as ever and offer a unique gaming experience. They give you a sense of nostalgia that you can’t find in modern games. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the 5 best GBA games of all time:
1. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire: Before the frenzy of Pokemon GO, the Pokemon series was already popular on the GBA. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire was one of the best GBA games of all time, with hundreds of Pokemon and simple graphics that captivated GBA users. Despite not having top-notch graphics or audio, this game was packed with strategy, which was what kept players engaged.
2. Metroid: Zero Mission: Although Metroid Fusion was the franchise’s first release on the GBA, Metroid: Zero Mission is the one that truly validated its existence. This game’s design was a remake of its predecessor, Metroid on the NES, with upgraded visuals that were more familiar to gamers. The developer of Metroid: Zero Mission brought a fresh take to the gameplay, making it even more enjoyable. Overall, Metroid: Zero Mission is an exciting and fun game that’s sure to delight players of all ages.
3. Final Fantasy VI: Final Fantasy is a series that has been renowned since the days of the PlayStation 1. It’s no surprise that the Final Fantasy VI GBA release received a positive response from many gamers. This game is a remake of the final chapter of the series, which was released on 16-bit systems in the United States a decade ago. Final Fantasy VI boasts stunning graphics, improved soundtracks, and the traditional Final Fantasy gameplay that fans have come to love. It’s known as the best 2D game and the most popular game for GBA users.
4. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island: Unlike Super Mario Kart, which is a favorite on the NDS, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island was one of the best GBA games of all time. This game leverages the FX chip to push ideas into the gameplay. The GBA had enough power to bring those features back without any additional hardware processing. Released in 2002, this game received positive responses from GBA users at the time.
5. Mario Golf: Who would have thought that before Super Mario Bros became known for its racing game, the character was already playing golf? In Mario Golf, you get to play a game of golf with Mario and friends. This colorful 2D game may look simple, but it’s surprisingly entertaining.
Get ready to embrace your nostalgia and have fun with classic games on the GBA. These games are still as enjoyable as they were back in the day. They’re packed with unique gameplay, lovable characters, and addictive storylines. Give these GBA games a try and relive the joy they brought to so many gamers in the past.